Monday, February 17, 2014

Pop It Ups Fancy Label Accordian cupcake


I am not responsible for readers craving cupcakes after viewing this yummy card.  The base is cut using Karen Burniston's Fancy Label Accordian die for Elizabeth Craft Designs.  The Cupcake w/ Candle & Bow and Happy Birthday die is from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  Elizabeth Craft Designs also has peel off stickers in this same image, they are so much fun - you should try them out.  The flourish in the corner is cut using Agatha Edges die.

The sentiment is from Stampin Up's Sweet Little Sentiments (retired) and die cut using Katie Label Pivot Card.  To ink the sentiment I used Stampin Write Markers.  I love how Karen has thought of everything when creating these dies, all the sets coordinate beautifully....not to mention they are SO MUCH FUN!  
To decorate the cupcakes, I die cut several different colors from sticker paper so I would have an outline & all the little pieces to put back into the cupcake.  If you don't have sticker paper you can use Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheets on regular cardstock which makes any paper into sticker paper.  I'm honest when I say it took a while to put all those little pieces back into the cupcake, after I finished I had wondered if I coudl've used Elizabeth Craft Designs Transfer Sheet to help keep all the pieces in place instead of searching for the right piece.....kinda like putting a puzzle together.  You don't have to use the Cupcake die this way, you could also color in the cupcake or even use glitter......oh so yummy sparkly glitter.

I added Glitter Dots to the frosting area on the cupcake - this little Glitter Dots are very sparkly & are flat so they don't make your card bulky.  The trim on the edges were cut using Fancy Frame Edges and I glued them to the card using spray adhesive, if you don't have that an X sticker machine works great too or there's Multi Purpose Adhesive Sheets too.

To purchase any Stampin Up products, please visit my online store.
To purchase any Karen Burniston or Elizabeth Craft Designs products, please visit your local craft store or visit Elizabeth Craft Designs online.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies
Paper- Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, assorted paper from my stash
Stamps- Sweet LIttle Sentiments (Stampin Up)
Dies- #771 Accordian Fancy Label, #774 Fancy Frame Edges, #768 Katie Label Pivot Card, #782 Agatha Edges (Karen Burniston), #716 Cupcake w/ Candle & Bow (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Accessories- Sizzix Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (Stampin Up), spray adhesive, X sticker machine, #7018 Glitter/Silver Dots & SKU600 Transfer Sheets (Elizabeth Craft Designs)






4 comments:

  1. WOW! One of my new favorite Raquel makes! I love, love, love the colors and vibrancy to this. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received the ECD cupcakes last week, so I think I'll try this for a friend's birthday next month. Not sure about the piecing though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want cupcakes. Now. ;-) Fun card Raquel ... I have one of the ECD Cupcake dies, but haven't tried it yet. Your card is going to get me to crack it open - just DELICIOUS! :-)
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want cupcakes now too and am so blaming you LOL!!!!! definitely a must have die ... love your card!!!!

    ReplyDelete