Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Golden Oldies Spectrum Noir Challenge


I made this card for the Spectrum Noir Masculine Challenge.  I know I find creating masculine cards a bit harder than female cards & I found this one even more challenging because it's not a pop-up card!  I know me creating a regular card, crazy right? (Insert lots of laughter).  I've also challenged myself to use up some papers I've had for a while & I even had enough to make another card - yes that one IS a Pop It Up and will be posted later in the week.
This card is 5 x 5 cut from River Rock card stock.  My image is from a retired Stampin Up set called Golden Oldies & I've colored him with Spectrum Noir Markers, then fussy cut him & poped him up with Dimensionals.  I've used Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups designed for Elizabeth Crafts Square with Circle Frame Edges to make the striped frame around my card, I even got out my sewing machine to stitch those zig-zags.  My sewing skills were downgraded when I tried to sew the circle ooopps it slipped & the next thing you know it's all crooked.  To cut the circles, I used the Accordian Circle die.  I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White & used the LG & XL Oval Punches to punch those out.

For the inside I used a sentiment from Riley & Co called Old & Senile - funny right?  I think the sentiment goes perfect with the image, I love it when that happens.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin Up products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniton's Pop It Ups for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local craft store or Ecraftdesigns.com

Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Golden Oldies (retired), Old & Senile (Riley & Co)
Paper: River Rock, Whisper White & from my stash
Spectrum Noir Markers: TB1, TB2, GB10, FS2, FS3, TN7 & IG4
Dies: #769 Accordian Circle & #770 Square w/ Circle Frame Edges (Karen Burniston for                     

           Elizabeth Craft)
Accessories: XL & LG oval punches

1 comment: