Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Double High Katie Label


So I finally found the time to try out Karen Burniston's technique of doubling the height of the Pop It Ups Katie Label and it didn't dissapoint.  My finished card size is 5 x 7.   I love how I could add a much larger image to the card & it's also fun seeing what other dies I could use in that much larger shape.  I pretty much stuck to what Karen did by using Katie Label & Fancy Frame Accordian but I chose to hide the fold with more patterned paper on the right side & just hand cut out where the Katie Label actually opens.  I also used the trim from Fancy Frame Edges & just cut off the excess making a nice lacey trim.  The image is from Inky Antics - so funny - that I got from my local store Stamp Boutique (keep an eye out if you're local as I will be using this stamp for a class).

On the right & left edges I used more patterned paper but cut them with Stampin Up's Adorning Accents Edgelits & matching embossing folder and I've also added the same trim to match the front.  I colored the image using colored pencils & some Wink of Stella - now I wish you could see the glittery goodness in her boa.  Can you see her glittery shoes?  Yep what gal wouldn't want glittery shoes - Dorothy loved her red shoes & this gal loves her green heels.  My gal is pushing the tacky boundaries with her leopard dress, I used to have purple leopard patterned paper....couldn't find it so I had to try to color it in.  I'll be on the lookout for leopard paper I think.

I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black & used Pistachio Pudding to stamp the little flowers from Summer Silhouettes onto Katie Labels (included in the die set).  I love how these dies are wafer thin (can fit more in my crafting area - see I am justifying get more & more), comes as a set so you can layer more & you can even put the pop up or pivot portion anywhere on your card & you can make your card any size - you choose.

To purchase any Stampin Up products please visit my online store.
To purchase any Karen Burniston/Elizabeth Craft products please visit your local craft store or online.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Summer Shilhouettes, Inky Antics Wordly Women #1
Paper: from my stash
Ink: Basic Black, Pistachio Pudding
Dies: Adorning Accents Edgelits #125595 & matching embossing folder
          Katie Label #768, Fancy Frame Accordian & Fancy Frame Edges #774
Accessories: Wink of Stella clear, green glitter, gold leaf pen, colored pencils

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Those stamps make me laugh! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your double high, Raquel! They are so much fun, aren't they?
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete