Friday, February 28, 2014

Pop It Ups Butterfly Pivot Swirls & Curls


I've used Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups Butterfly Pivot to create this card, it's full of beautiful butterflies.  Look at the large butterfly on the pivot......I made that by laying a butterfly stencil down onto the gold metallic paper & then putting clear glossy embossing paste over the top, now here's the hard part LET IT DRY....and I mean completely dry without touching it.  I must confess that I am impatient while waiting for things to dry (as you will see on the open card).  Back to the embossing paste, when it's wet I sprinkled Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over the top - it really sparkles.  So after this has completely dried I used the butterfly die included in the Butterfly Pivot set to cut the shape out.
To make the lovely shaped edge & flourish, I used Agatha Edges.  That brings me to the other smaller butterfly from Butterfly Accessories die set.  I used the filagree die in that set to cut a stencil from acetate, laid the stencil down onto my gold metallic paper & white embossing paste over the top & while it was wet I sprinkled  glitter gold embossing powder over the top.  Now I wish that my gold glitter embossing powder had more glitter than what it has, but I can't have it all now can I?  So I had to let it dry completely before hand cutting the butterfly out.  I die cut another filagree butterfly in gold & put that right over the top so the holes/openings all lign up & it makes a nice 3-D butterfly.

Here's the inside & I hope you can see how sparkly these butterflies really are.  The sentiment is a Stampin Up Hostess set called Swirls & Curls Verses and is die cut using Chalk Talk Framelits.  To cut the Whisper White piece, I used my trimmer to make it more narrow than the die really is & just cut the edge so it would match the shape of my mat piece.  I used Crushed Curry & Calypso Coral Stampin Write Markers to color over the top of the sentiment.  I wish my handwriting were this neat, I know a gal who does actually write this neat on her cards - yes Karen Aicken I am talkin' bout you.

And a close up to see the embossing paste goodness!  Look on the back butterfly, can you see it - I didn't wait for it to completely dry so it squashed a bit when I die cut the butterfly out.  Oops & lesson learned.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin Up products, please visit my  online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups, please visit your local craft store or Ecraftdesigns.com

Supplies are Stampin Up unless noted
Stamps: Swirls & Curles Verses (retired Hostess)
Paper: from my stash
Stampin Write Markers: Crushed Curry & Calypso Coral
Dies: #767 Butterfly Pivot Card, #773 Butterfly Accessories, #782 Agatha Edges (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Chalk Talk Framelits (SU)
Accessories: Silk Microfine Glitter Warm Diamonds (Elizabeth Craft Designs) & stencil from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Great techniques, Raquel. I, too am an impatient crafter, which is why I rarely use anything with drying time, since I will at some point in the process, put a finger or elbow print into something wet. You inspire me to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Raquel ... love your embossing paste butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pretty Raquel....Love that you used Embossing Paste on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just in love with this card. So many beautiful sparkly details, and I LOVE that you used embossing paste. Wow - I bet this one is a jaw-dropper in person. Great idea to trace over the stamped writing with a marker too. Haven't done that in years and now I'm going to do more of it. See? We inspire each other!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete