Monday, February 10, 2014

Katie Label Designer Challenge


For Karen Burnison's  Designer Challenge we were to use any pivot die, any theme, any color!  That's a lot of choices we all could make and I chose to use Katie Label Pivot and make a open frame in the front of the card so you actually see the back of the card from the front.  Please visit this blog on Wednesday to see all the Designer Challenge teams projects & a card and video from Karen Burniston herself!
So let's jump right in to how I made this card.......
I glued my pink DSP to my Lucky Limeaide base, put it on my Magnetic Platform, put the Katie Label die on the fold, only on one side I nested the next size smallest Katie Label (makes the window or frame) & ran it through my Big Shot.  I used Agatha Edges to cut that beautiful flourish from Night of Navy.  The Happy Birthday die was cut from Silver Glimmer Paper & I added a Silver Glitter Dot for the dot on the "I".
This is a view from the back when the card is open.

This card is fun to look at from all angles, it doesn't have a better profile as they're all fun.  So from the back you see the sparkly Happy Birthday & a pink open frame/window.
Here's what you see when you open the card..........

Those fun birds are from Stampin' Up's Pun Fun stamp set & they're colored using colored pencils but their hats are paper pieced using the pink DSP  - I just adore these punny images & sentiments.  I stamped the sentiment & used the oval included in Katie Label Pivot to die cut the sentiment, then I used a stitched oval from Oval Accordian Card for the Night of Navy oval.  To get the Lucky Limeaide piece under the birds feet, I used the Agatha Edge to cut that nice grass/hill shape & the Katie Label to cut the excess off the edges.  The balloons are punched from DSP & Silver Glimmer Paper using the Small Oval Punch and then I attatched twine to the back & secured them with Dimensionals.
Here's a close up of the inside .......

I die cut another Katie Label in the multi colored DSP under the birds & just glued it over the Lucky Limeaide pivot portion.  You can see these punny birds are tweeting to each other & having a chirping good time.


Thanks for stopping by & don't forget to visit all the other Designer Challengers blogs too.
To purchase any Stampin Up items please visit my online store.
To purchase any Karen Burniston Pop It Ups or Elizabeth Craft Design products visit your local craft store or you can visit them online.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies are Stampin' Up unless noted
Stamps: Pun Fun (retired)
Paper: Lucky Limeaide (retired), Night of Navy, Silver Glimmer Paper, Just Add Cake DSP (retired)
Dies: #768 Katie Label Pivot, #772 Oval Accordian Card, #782 Agatha Edges
         #717 Happy Birthday (Elizabeth Craft)
Other: Small Oval Punch (Stampin Up), #7018 Transparent Glitter/Silver Dots (Elizabeth Craft)
        
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. adorable! those little birdies are so sweet

    Cazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with a big solid WOW! on this one, RM! I just love what you did with the framing and the disappearing greeting. Such wonderful colors and styling, too. A wonderful make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Karen you design team are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Raquel ... this is FABULOUS! I love the idea of the frame, and those birds? Too fun. Great card for the Designer Challenge!
    Cheers
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card just brings a smile to my face. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete