Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lucy Label Inky Antics


I cut the inside of my card using Lucy Label Pop Up from Pretty In Pink cardstock & some Love Specialty DSP.  To get that wonderful edge, I used Agatha Edges from Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups collection for Elizabeth Craft Designs - that Chocolate Chip flourish is in the set too.  I used the Lucy Labels included in the set to cut my sentiment.  The Chocolate Chip piece behind my image was cut 4 times using the Agatha Edge to mimic the shape on the edge of my card.  I started off with a larger square of Chocolate Chip & then layed the Agatha Edge on the top portion & ran it through my Big Shot & I did the same for the other 3 sides resulting in that unique shape.  To make these kinds of cuts much easier I suggest the Magnetic Platform for your Big Shot.  My image comes from Inky Antics & colored it using colored pencils.

I turned the Lucy Label on its side so I could use brown honeycomb paper for my cute turtle shell.  When you open the card the honeycomb expands & opens.  I cut another pop up portion from pink polka dot paper & glued it over the pink base.   I attached the sentiment & adorable birds to the little bump pop up.  I glued some DSP to both ends of the card and to hide the seams I used Gold Washi Tape from the new Occassions Mini.


Thanks for stopping by & I hope you have a "Turtally" awesome day!
I will be teaching this card (paper will vary slightly) at Stamp Boutique in Pompano Beach on Saturday February 22nd at 1:30 pm.  Before the class stop in for a Pop It Ups demo from 10am until 12:30 pm where I will be showing how to use Pop It Ups & answer any questions.

You can sign up for this class by calling Stamp Boutique 954-876-1445, visit them on the web at
http://the-stamp-boutique.blogspot.com/    or click on the link in the side bar above.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Love Specialty DSP (retired), Whisper White, Brown Honeycomb paper pad
Dies: #779 Lucy Label Pop Up, #782 Agatha Edges
Stamps: Inky Antics Turtle HoneyPop
Other: #133000 Designer Washi Tape

4 comments:

  1. This card is so fun and so clever, Raquel. I love what you're creating with Pop it Ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card design and shape.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOOO adorable. I think the Honeycomb paper is the coolest thing, and combined with the Lucy Label and that turtle face? Oooooooh!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Love Love ... I might have to find my honeycomb paper and play soon :)

    ReplyDelete