Monday, February 3, 2014

Heart Pivot with Rainbow Honeycomb


On this card I used Karen Burniston's Heart Pivot die for Elizabeth Craft Designs to cut the hearts in the center of my A2 sized card.  I glued Yo Yo Yellow & orange stripe DSP to the front of my base card prior to cutting - the die will cut through all layers without any problems & this makes certain that all your hearts will line up perfectly.  I also cut another heart pivot portion only out of acetate.  I die cut the polka dot DSP frame by using the Heart Pivot die & the next smallest sized  heart, nested them together & ran those through my Big Shot in one go.  For the yellow heart in the center,  I used the embossed portion of a larger heart die & die cut it with a smaller heart (all included in the set).  To get the embossing I used my Silicone Texture Mat & Textured Impressions Pad.  I used the Katie Label to die cut some labels for my Hello die from Elizabeth Craft, this was cut from Silver Glimmer Paper.  To make the shape in the middle I die cut the paper the normal way & then moved the die up a bit & ran it through again to make it a bit smaller than its original size - the yellow & the polka dot DSP Katie Label were cut using the same size die.

Here's a fun view from the back of the card.  Look at that fun Rainbow HoneyPop honeycomb paper.  When you open the card, the honeycomb paper goes to work and it all folds flat for mailing.    This card makes me happy just looking at it, it's so bright & fun.  To get the honeycomb heart, I took one of the heart dies in the set & traced it onto the honeycomb paper & then used scissors to cut it out.  I used regular tape runner to adhere it to the back of the heart pivot area.

Here's a close up view from the back - fun right?  

Here's a front open view of the card.  The reason I used acetate on the heart pivot portion is so you could see the honeycomb paper from both sides.  I used the yellow hearts to hide where I attached the honeycomb paper.  I added 2 orange rhinestones to the centers of the hearts, Silver/Gold Glitter Stickers on the side of the card & just a strip of DSP.

Finally here's a view from the top, look at that rainbow!  My son really likes this card...and why?  Because it's so fun & colorful he said, he likes to watch the honeycomb paper expand.

To purchase any Stampin Up items, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston's dies, visit your local craft store or visit Elizabeth Craft Designs online.
Thanks for stopping by, all comments are read & appreciated.
Happy Stamping,
Raquel

Supplies
Paper: Only Orange (retired), Yo Yo Yellow (retired), Sycamore Street DSP (retired), Silver Glimmer Paper & Inky Antics HoneyPop Rainbow honeycomb paper
Dies: #775 Heart Pivot Card, #768 Katie Label Pivot Karen Burniston Pop It UPs
         #722 Hello Elizabeth Craft
Other: #7010 Silver glitter peel off stickers Elizabeth Craft Designs



5 comments:

  1. BRILLIANT! I love this card to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to try this. My dies are on the way to me, and I already have some Honeycomb paper. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love the Heart Pivot - and I think this is the most creative card I've seen with it. So fresh and fun!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever use of honeycomb paper on this heart pivot ... love it!

    ReplyDelete