Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Fashion Statements


I cut a backing card from Early Espresso, added some patterened paper, Orange Iris Shimmer Sheetz, a hat Peel-Off Sticker & some Lucy Labels for the sentiment on this card.   For the Orange Iris Shimmer Sheetz, I used the Accordion Fancy Label to die cut the shape, embossed it with Elizabeth Craft Designs' new embossing folder called Flower Mosaic, then I used a sanding block on the raised areas to expose some of the white core.  Shimmer Sheetz are so much fun!
The sentiment is from a retired host set called Fashion Statements.  I added a few Blue/Gold Glitter lines to the sides of the sentiment & some Early Espresso Grosgrain Stitched Ribbon.
For the hat, I used the negative portion of the Peel-Off Sticker & here's how I did that.

I took a small piece of a Transfer Sheet to help remove the sticker.  What I am showing in the photo is the Transfer Sheet on top of the sticker sheet.  I used a bone folder to help burnish the little pieces to the Transfer Sheet.

What you see in this picture is the sticker on the Transfer Sheet.  This is now ready to be put onto your prepared Whisper White & Double Sided Adhesive piece.

Now I am transferring the sticker to my prepared white piece.  I rubbed a bone folder over the sticker to help all the little pieces stick to the white & carefully pull back the Transfer Sheet.  If some of the pieces are still stuck to the Transfer Sheet, simply lay your Transfer Sheet back down & rub with your bone folder again.

The sticker is now on my white & is ready for Warm Silk Microfine Glitter & coloring with markers.  After I colored with Tombow markers, I set it aside to dry & then fussy cut around the image.  Please keep in mind that Tombow markers do take a bit longer to dry than alcohol based markers.

For the inside of my card I used the line image of the same Hat Peel-Off Sticker & colored with Tombow Dual Brush Pens.  I used Lucy Label from Karen Burniston's Pop It Ups collection. Did you notice the Lucy Label is upside down?  I CASED that from Kelly Booth, I put the Lucy Label upside down to use it as a table to animate the hat/stand.  My base card is cut from Bordering Blue & I added some patterned paper from my stash on the top & bottom.  I suggest cutting the pattern paper at the same time as you're cutting your base so the pieces are certain to match up.

The sentiment is from Treat Yourself & it's stamped onto a Lucy Label.  I kept the die on the die cut & traced around the edges with a marker, removed the die & added little dots with a different color marker.  I added Blue/Gold Glitter lines where the pattern paper meets the Early Espresso base card.  I added some little flowers from Flourish with Flowers die, I did this to cover up the ink that bled onto my card when it was closed & the hat wasn't completely dry.  HINT: do the coloring first & set it aside a long time to dry before gluing to your card.

I used the little slot die included in the Lucy Label set to cut a hole in the top of the shelf area so I could put the flagpole from Lots Of Pops in there to support the hat.  You can see the flagpole in this side view where I folded the bottom of the flagpole & glued it as a support.  I needed the flagpole to be a bit longer, so I didn't put my cutting plate all the way to the end of the die when I cut it.  By doing this, the end of the flagpole won't cut & I was able to cut it as long as I wanted with my scissors.  

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase any Elizabeth Craft Designs products, please visit your independent local craft store or visit them online.

Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: Fashion Statements, Treat Yourself - both are retired
Paper: Bordering Blue, patterned paper from my stash, Orange Iris Shimmer Sheetz #0109 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Ink: Black Tuxedo (Memento)
Dies: Lucy Label #779, Accordion Fancy Label #771, Lots of Pops #778, Flourish with Flowers #797 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Accessories: Early Espresso Grosgrain Ribbon
      Flower Mosaic embossing folder #111, hats Peel-Off Sticker #2529, Warm Silk Microfine Glitter #639, Glitter Blue/Gold stickers #7010, Transfer Sheet (Elizabeth Craft Designs)


    

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful card. Love the way you used the Shimmer Sheetz, and what great step-by-step photos! I also like that you used the Lucy Label 'upside down'!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking these negative peel offs ... another awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Raquel! Great example of using the negatives of the peel offs!

    ReplyDelete