Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Karen Burniston's December Designer Challenge - Hoppy's Landscape Oval Accordion


My second card for Karen Burniston's December Designer Challenge is.....you guess it - Easter!  I was inspired yet again by the most awesome Karen herself to try her technique of changing the orientation of the Oval Accordion from portrait to a landscape.  Click here to see Karen demonstrate how to make a landscape Accordion.
I love those Cadbury Easter Egg commercials where the animal has on bunny ears, so I decided Hoppy could be the Easter bunny!  I stamped the ears onto Whisper White, colored them, fussy cut them then attached them behind Hoppy.  No Easter Bunny would be complete without eggs right? I used Small Eggs Peel-Off Stickers  covered with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter then colored with alcohol based markers.  I also used Elizabeth Craft Designs' new 3mm Transparent Double Sided Tape around the middle panel, then covered it with Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter.  For the first & last panel, I used Oval Flourish Frame Edges.

Now if Hoppy's cottontail doesn't make you laugh......I don't know what would.  Isn't he funny?  He's hoppin' off to deliver all those sparkly Easter eggs.  To make Hoppy's ears appear to be from the back, I stamped the ears, fussy cut them & then colored onto the reverse side.  I stamped a sentiment from Delightful Dozen onto a scalloped oval (included in the Oval Accordion).

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.

To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.


Supplies
Stamps: Delightful Dozen (Stampin' Up!); Poppy (Purple Onion)
Dies: 772 Oval Accordion, 777 Oval Flourish Frame Edges, 909 Hoppy the Frog, 911 Props 1 (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Ink: Blackberry Bliss (Stampin' Up!)
Other: 898 3mm Transparent Double Sided Tape, 635 Spring Peridot and 639 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

No comments:

Post a Comment