Saturday, March 5, 2016

Crazy 4 Challenges - National Umbrella Month

Did you know that March is National Umbrella Month? Crazy 4 Challenges is celebrating the umbrella this week by including one on our cards this week....it could be an umbrella to stop the rain, parasol or beach umbrella.
I decided to use a character I hadn't used in a while for my card - Poppy the Owl.  To make the cloud background, I used Karen Burniston's new Stage It Stencil called Rainy Day.  I placed the stencil over the Daffodil Delight card stock and sponged Whisper White Craft ink to get the cloud shapes.  When the ink dried I used a Sharpie to trace over the clouds - in some areas I had to go over it twice as the Sharpie really didn't like to draw over the Craft ink.

I die cut Poppy from Very Vanilla card stock and sponged him with several different colors.  To get his blue eyes, I used the eye die from Dutch the Fox.  I used Pacific Point & Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers to color directly onto the stamp from See Ya Later (retired SAB).

Happy Stampin', 
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.




To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.


Stampin' Up! products:
Stamp: See Ya Later (retired)
Card Stock: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point
Stampin' Write Marker: Pacific Point and Basic Black

No comments:

Post a Comment