Monday, July 25, 2016

Karen Burniston July Designer Challenge - Stretch it out

It's time for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge - Stretch it out!  The team was challenged to use an Accordion die for any theme and to stretch it out well....just like the title says.
I used the Accordion Rectangle with Butterfly Pivot dies.  Yes, only 2 dies made this card!  I cut 3 Accordion Rectangle panels in purple, 2 in pattern paper and 1 in Very Vanilla.  I stamped the sentiment from the clear stamp set What's Up? onto the rectangle that's included in the Accordion Rectangle.  The butterfly body is a mix of White and Basic Black Silk Microfine Glitter.
 I die cut 2 sets of Butterfly Pivots and cut off the butterflies so all I had was the pivoting areas.  To adhere the butterflies to the card base, I notched the middle butterfly so it would have more dimension and move freely.  I adhered the butterfly to the last panel first and then worked my way to the front to make sure it would all fold flat. 
I just love the colors - purple is my favorite color!  I hope you have enjoyed my project and don't forget to check out Karen's blog tomorrow where she will have a video tutorial.


Happy Stampin', 
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.




To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment