Monday, June 20, 2016

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Summer Lovin'

The kids are out of school & Summer is here!  In going along with the Summer theme, Karen Burniston challenged her team to make a project to celebrate summer - this could be nature, or beach or 4th of July or anything that means "Summer" to you.  Summer to me means swimming in our pool with my son Jake.

 Jake loves to climb trees just like a monkey - so Jinks the Monkey was the perfect character for this Summer Lovin' challenge.  I stamped a sentiment from the clear stamp set called Cheeky Monkey onto a stitched oval from Oval Pull Card.  Don't you just love Jinks' sunglasses?
To get a green Adirondack Chair base card, I temporarily adhered  the white and blue wave pattern paper to my green card base and then die cut.  After removing the die, I snipped away the chair portion on both of those 2 pieces - leaving a green chair.
Mommy Jinks is sitting in the chair just relaxing with her hat on to keep the sun out of her face while Jake Jinks is floating in the pool. To make the purple bathingsuit I used the bandanna from the Props 8 and Jinks' shadow layer.  Jake Jinks is just resting for a moment on the float made from 2 different sized circle dies from the Accordion Circle die.
Want more Summer Lovin' inspiration?  Look to the right in my side bar where you'll see links to the rest of teams' blogs.  Don't forget to check out Karen's blog on Wednesday where she'll have a new video for her challenge card.

Happy Stampin', 
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.




To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment