Friday, April 25, 2014

House Pivot Card - jean pockets


Here's another card I made with Karen Burniston's new House Pivot Card by double cutting the house portion & making them into denim/jean pockets.  For a tutorial on how I double cut this card,  please see my post on Monday April 21st.  Before I made that double cut, I adhered the Etcetera DSP to the front of my card & then ran it through my Big Shot.  I cut 2 Houses from Well Worn DSP for my jean pockets & used the accessory die (included in the set) to make the actual pocket.  That accessory die I just mentioned also has a brick wall texture feature to it, so all you'd have to do is use your embossing sandwich & you'd get a brick house.....how cool is that?  I used a Signo White Gel Pen to make stitch marks around the pocket & added a Candy Dot for rivets.
I used Agatha Edges to cut the beautiful flourish on the pocket & on the edge of my card.  The flowers from Bordering on Romance were stamped onto Whisper White & colored with Stampin' Write Markers. Next, I put Double Sided Adhesive on the top of my image, removed the release sheet & sprinkled with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, shook off the excess & polished the glitter with my finger.  Finally, I cut around the image & glued it to my card.  You can either color on top of your glitter or underneath, just keep in mind that if you color underneath the colors will be more muted.


I added a strip of Etcetera DSP to the bottom of my card & added Black Outline Stickers to hide the seams.  The sentiment from Sassy Salutations was stamped onto a Katie Label Pivot die cut.  To get the line around my sentiment, after die cutting I left the die on top of my paper & traced around the inside edge with my Stampin' Write Marker.  I added a few more of the stamped glittery images & some more Agatha Edges flourishes.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing different ways to use Karen's new House Pivot Card.

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Elizabeth Craft Designs' products, please visit your local independent craft retailer or online.

Happy Stamping,
Raquel

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Sassy Salutations
Paper: Very Vanilla, Well Worn DSP, Etcetera DSP
Ink: Basic Black, Stampin' Write Markers
Dies: House Pivot Card, Agatha Edges, Katie Pivot Label #768 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Other: Candy Dots, Signo White Gel Pen (Stampin' Up!)
          Outline Stickers #1063, Transparent Double Sided Adhesive #501 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

 

4 comments:

  1. Love how you turned the house pivot into jeans pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just rocked this new Pop it Ups die, Raquel!
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Creative Raquel....Love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete