Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Karen Burniston's May Designer Challenge "Fly" #2



Here's my second card I made for Karen Burniston's May Designer Challenge themed "Fly".....as in butterfly of course.  My son likes to ask me "How do you turn a fly into a butterfly?"  and the answer is "Put butter on him".  For this card, I used Els' Magic Transfer technique with Orange Iris Shimmer Sheetz & Butterflies embossing folder.  I love this technique and it's so sparkly!  The sentiment is from One in a Million stamp set.

It's a Z fold pivot!  I started with 5.5" x 12" piece of cardstock scored at 4" and 8", die cut using the Butterfly Pivot die on the 8" fold.  It's really easy to make, I hope you'll try it out for yourself.
Here's some pieces that I started out with.

The butterfly pieces are from Butterfly Accessories and Butterfly Pivot card.

A close up of the pivot area.  I used a glue dot to attach the blue butterfly right on the fold of the pivoting butterfly.  I used Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker to make the butterfly trail and trace around the edges of the scallop ovals.  

I made the banner longer to fit my sentiment by putting only half of the cutting plate on the banner die when die cutting.  For the second part of the cut, I  moved the die further down the sentiment and finished the cut.

A view from the top.

I used a Spectrum Noir marker to color inside the embossed dots on the Shimmer Sheetz.

I hope you enjoyed this Z fold Butterfly Pivot.
To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.
To purchase Karen Burniston's products for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your independent local craft store or visit them online.

Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted
Stamps: One in a million
Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight cardstock
Ink: Black Memento, Pacific Point Stampin' Write Marker
Dies: Butterfly Pivot #767, Butterfly Accessories #773, Oval Accordion #772, Lots of Pops #778 (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Other: Butterflies embossing folder (Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Orange Iris Shimmer Sheetz SS0109, Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter #639, Transparent Double Sided Adhesive #501, Gold/Silver Glitter Dots #7018 (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Spectrum Noir marker


4 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes Raquel - this is wonderful. LOVE the 3 panel pivot, and of course I adore anything with butterflies. I can imagine how shimmery this card is in real life.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some great elements to this card. I am sitting here going "Hummmm!" It is really interesting how you have extended to pivot card idea. Well done. It looks so pretty.
    Ann Rush, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Karen said ... awesome card

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butterflies and I love your card! :-)

    ReplyDelete