Saturday, April 28, 2018

Crazy 4 Challenges - Play on Words

The Crazy 4 Challenges team are taking inspiration from the words "Skating on thin ice".  I came across a technique called Black Ice on You Tube and thought it suiting for the challenge.  
I first stamped the sentiment from Stampin' Up! called Birthday Wishes for You in black Memento onto a piece of Silver Foil card stock.  I used several colors of Stampin' Blends to color the inside.  I noticed that if I colored over the black Memento it would get lighter - I think it's because of the foil type cardstock.  So after I finished coloring it in, I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line it up and stamped again using Versamark and heat embossed with black powder.  As you can see, I didn't line it up perfectly and it has a little shadow - a happy mistake as I really like it that way.  After it cooled down, I swiped the Versamark pad over the top and covered it with holographic embossing powder and heat set.  There's a lot of texture to the main panel and it also intensified the coloring.  For a bit of color I added a bit of polka-dot washi tape.
Happy Stampin', 
Raquel


To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit Stampin' Up! and enter Raquel Mason as your demonstrator.



To purchase Karen Burniston's products click here.

Stamps- BirthdayWishes for You
Cardstock - Basic Black, Whisper White
Stampin' Blends- Cherry Cobbler (light and dark), Rich Razzelberry (light and dark), Pumpkin Pie (light)
Ink- Versamark
Other- black embossing powder, hollographic embossing powder, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

No comments:

Post a Comment