Saturday, August 8, 2015

Crazy 4 Challenges - National Lighthouse Day

It's time for Crazy 4 Challenges!  Today's theme is based on National Lighthouse Day.  The team was challenged to create a card featuring a lighthouse.  If we didn't have a lighthouse stamp (I do not), think where you would find a lighthouse....near the sea, beach etc and use that for your inspiration.
Like I mentioned, I don't have a lighthouse stamp BUT what I did have was the Lighthouses Peel-Off Stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs and then I got the idea to use Stampin' Up!'s By the Tide stamp set as a background.
I stamped the images from By the Tide onto Naturals Ivory Cardstock using Very Vanilla Craft Ink (retired) and covered it with Scented Vanilla Embossing Powder (retired).  After heat setting the images, I sponged Lost Lagoon, Pacific Point and Not Quite Navy Classic Ink over the images.
I placed the lighthouse and starfish peel-off onto Watercolor Paper and colored them with Stampin' Write Markers and an Aquapainter.
I used a Transfer Sheet to transfer the negative image of the lighthouse to the inside of my card.  I purposefully didn't put a sentiment onto the card so I can use it as a note card or customize it later.

Happy Stampin',
Raquel

To purchase Stampin' Up! products, please visit my online store.


To purchase Pop It Ups designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs, please visit your local independent craft store or online.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. love the background on this. GMTA on the lighthouse Peel-Offs :)

    ReplyDelete